Monday, January 31, 2011

VIDEO: The New Spring - The Glow




Danish imprint Tambourhinoceros has been on my radar ever since I heard and wrote about Treeflight For Sunlight's delightful record, intriguingly named, A Collection Of Vibrations For Your Skull last fall.

They come this time promoting a new self-titled release by The New Spring, the solo project of a certain Bastian Kallesøe. Above is a video of the first single - The Glow, a cute acoustic guitar driven indie-pop track, and features some strange interpretive dancing. Very nice.


Of this project, Bastian had the following to say:

”Through the last couple of years I have wanted to write love songs with a starting point in, not the break up, but the beginning or the leap. In a way my project is a humble corrective to the love song as a genre. Only a few love songs make you think of what you need to let go to enter love. What I am trying to explore is the love you experience through a whole life, from the very first crush to the very last. My project is not about a certain love, but about being in love. The crush is the beginning of love and the duality of hope and despair it implicates.”
I love artists. And I love love. The New Spring is set for worldwide release March 28th via Tambourhinoceros

No comments:

Post a Comment